All about Volunteer Centre Fenland
What does Volunteer Centre Fenland do?
Fenland Volunteer Bureau has been a registered charity no. 803237
for nearly 30 years - operating as Volunteer Centre Fenland (VCF)
VCF is committed to the promotion and development of volunteering to benefit the people of Fenland – working with individuals and community groups, as well as voluntary and statutory agencies by providing:
- Brokerage (matching volunteers to volunteer organisations);
- Promoting volunteering both for the individual and the community;
- Development of best practice and ways of reaching and supporting volunteers of all backgrounds and abilities;
- Supporting organisations in identifying / developing new opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and abilities;
- Contributing to policy responses and campaigning
- Contributing to the strategic development of volunteering through the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough consortium of Volunteer Centres funded by the County Council; the Town Councils of Chatteris, March and Whittlesey; and other funding sources i.e. the Big Lottery (Awards for All).
- Promoting and contributing to the Annual Valuing Volunteering Awards, and the Five Star Focus on Excellence in organisations that offer volunteering opportunities.
VCF administers the National Do-It Be More website for Volunteering throughout the district of Fenland, providing over 900 volunteering opportunities for nearly 200 organisations for Chatteris; March; Whittlesey; Wisbech; and the villages and parishes throughout the district.
VCF is proud to be part of the Cambridgeshire-wide consortium of Volunteer Centres made up of Ely & District; Fenland; Huntingdonshire; Peterborough; and Royston & District.
VCF is involved with many community groups; events; presentations; outreach; drop-ins; and other opportunities to promote volunteering such as ‘Make A Difference Day’.
Drop in to see us on Mon, Tues or Thurs between 10am and 2.30pm
1st Floor, Rosmini Centre, 69a Queens Road, Wisbech. PE13 2PH
Tel : 01945 582 192
WWW. Volunteer Centre Fenland.org.uk